Update from Kristin Uhler, Ph.D., The Kelley Family/Schlessman Family Scottish Rite Masons Chair in Childhood Language Disorders.
This Quarter’s newsletter covers the period from May to August 2023.
Here are the key highlights:
- Celebrating Partnerships: Kristin Uhler shares her experiences from recent visits, including one to St. Mary’s during their Appraisal Committee meeting. She also mentions a visit to Cortez to meet Elizabeth Russell and Holly Lewis, who are part of the Treasure Chest Program team. Elizabeth Russell took the initiative to ensure the program’s offerings were inclusive of the Ute and Navajo Tribes.
- Scholarship Announcements: In June, the Scottish Rite Foundation received scholarship applications from speech-language pathology graduate students from various universities. Six students were selected for the 2023 scholarships. The scholarship recipients and their backgrounds are detailed in the document.
- 70th Anniversary Celebration: On September 18, 2023, the 70th anniversary of the partnership between the Scottish Rite Foundation and Children’s Hospital was celebrated. This partnership has impacted nearly 25,000 children and their families across Colorado.
- Talking With Technology (TWT) Camp 2023: The TWT Camp is a weeklong camp for children who use speech-generating devices. The camp provides intensive AAC therapy in a traditional camp setting. The Scottish Rite Foundation and the Rollie R. Kelley Family Foundation awarded scholarships to trainers from across Colorado for this camp.
Important Headlines from the RiteView Newsletter:
- Celebrating remarkable partnerships
- Chair Holder Update
- Scottish Rite Foundation
- Talking With Technology Camp 2023
- Presenting the 2023 Dwight A. Hamilton Graduate Scholarship in Speech-Language Pathology Winners